Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daddy Rocks Salsa

The great thing about this recipe is that you can add more or less of each ingredient for your own liking. I added more garlic and less cilantro than the original because that's how I roll... I added the cilantro back to this recipe because everyone agreed I didn't put enough the first time!

Ingredients:
2 large tomatoes chopped
1/4 cup yellow onion
1 Tsp minced garlic
1 Tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 banana pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup minced cilantro
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. Pour into food processor or chopper and chop for a few seconds (just enough to chop it lightly, not puree).
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
 
Add In's:
Black beans and corn (1 can of each, rinse the beans)
or
1/4 cup diced green mango



I titled this Daddy Rocks Salsa in honor of my father, who hovered the entire time I made it trying to tell me everything from which knife to how much lime juice to add... hee hee! Love you, Dad!
Please share your add-in and alterations!


Original Recipe from AARP Magazine (at my parent's house)



3 comments:

Dad said...

Great recipe, but I don't know where that mag came from

Liz ~ A Natural Nester said...

Hey mama. I like your new blog. That salsa sounds delish! Wish I could share some kithcen time with you & your little gal (and your dad too - hehe).

My favorite cookbook right now is Feeding the Whole Family. All whole foods based, really yummy recipes.

marcy chapman said...

LIKE IT!!